Sorry for the delay on this post but I’ve been meaning to give a brief guide on filling out Otomate opinion cards if you live outside Japan. Typically the opinion cards only came with their limited edition games, however now all their Vita games come with one. If you feel strongly about a game you played I encourage you to fill it out and send it to them! Opinion cards help companies know what their fans want, and let’s face it, their fans aren’t just in Japan anymore and we should let them know! Also by sending cards from other countries, it lets them know that hey, there are people out there who import their games from Japan so it could be a deciding factor on whether or not they want to localize the game for the English speaking audience.
I’ve scanned my unfilled I DOLL U opinion card (which I have already filled out and sent out this week 😆 ) to use as an example. Essentially they are all exactly the same but the address at the top differs by doing ATTN: to the game name.
- Your education/work status
- Elementary school
- Middle school
- High School
- Trade school
- Company worker
- Other [ ]
- Date of Purchase
- Location of Purchase (if online I typically just write the shop name)
- Purchase store type:
- Game shop
- Consumer electronics shop
- Toy store
- Department store
- Used book/game store
- Online store
- Type of edition (limited or regular)
- Where did you hear about this game?
- Otomate mobile
- Dengeki Girl’s Style
- B’s Log
- In store
- Otomate home page
- From a friend
- Another magazine [ ]
- Internet website (site name) [ ]
- Other [ ]
- Why did you decide to buy this game (Can select multiple choices)
- The art looked nice
- The game system seemed fun
- The music seemed nice
- I saw magazine/online reviews
- It was my favorite genre
- Other [ ]
- I like the characters
- The story seemed nice
- I played it and enjoyed it (maybe playing from a friend?? lol)
- My friend recommended it
- It has my favorite seiyuu
- Please rate the game’s features (5 being best 1 being worst)
- If you bought the limited edition please rate:
- Limited edition goods
- Limited edition package
- Please rate the game on a scale from 0 – 100
- Please check off what other game systems you own (more than one choice possible)
- I think all of these are pretty self explanatory, the 2 at the bottom left are Nintendo DS and 3DS
- Any other thoughts about the game.
- This is where you should really say what you feel. If you’re a failure like me and can’t write properly in Japanese, just write in English. The other option is if you can type in Japanese, to type on one of those self adhesive address labels and print it from your home printer then stick it into that box.
Ok so now that you’ve filled the card out it’s time to send it. But you don’t wanna send it out all open like this especially since it’s going overseas. The best thing to do is put it into a blank envelope and send it to the following address:
Attn: [Insert your Otome Game name here] or if you are sending multiple cards at once to save on postage just do Attn: OTOMATE
Higashi-Ikebukuro-Q Bldg 7F, 2-23-2,
Higashi Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
Once you’ve signed and sealed everything make sure you use a world wide stamp. I personally just get a sheet of Global Forever Stamps at USPS (but this may differ for anyone outside the US). I typically send out 3-4 cards at a time to save on postage. They’re all essentially going to the same place anyway and the mail person at Otomate can just distribute them to the game departments if necessary.
Hopefully, this lets the card come to Otomate and hopefully even if they can’t read your final thoughts in English, they can at least understand your choices based on your circling the rating for the game. On that note I gave Reine a 25/100 all for Kagero’s artwork and because I loved Leon and Orpheus ( ；∀；) lol.