I’ve reviewed the PC game in the past but I decided that I liked it enough to buy the PSP port. This will just be a spoiler free review of the comparison of PC game to PSP. To read the story of the game please see my PC review.
So here’s basically the list of things worth mentioning regarding the port:
- The text is the same as the PC game which makes it REALLY hard to read. It’s like white text on a light gray background which burns my eyes in other ways. I wonder if Rejet will ever get their PSP port text right, it always makes my eyes burn in unpleasant ways 😆
- Auto-mode has been fixed that it’s actually appropriately fast for me? In the PC game I found it to either be TOO fast or TOO slow but on the PSP port it’s just right~.
- There’s no built in screenshot function so you need to have a screenshot plugin installed unfortunately.
- Bonus voices don’t require you to have bought all the previous games to unlock like the PC ones did. The final set of bonus voices however DOES require you to have fully comped the game, including getting every keyword and secret tale which is pretty much impossible to do without a guide.
- Secret Tales are voiced ε=＼＿○ﾉ ｲﾔｯﾎｰｩ！ Some of them were kinda boring but others were a lot of fun to watch. They were almost like seeing a bonus scenario between Chihiro & her dude or seeing how much suffering poor Kyohei went through.
- CG Click has a little question mark thing now so that when you hover around the CG it actually tells you WHERE you can click. Before I had to blindly poke around and hope enough
crotchpoking got me some lines 😆
Now regarding the new extras in the game:
- The new CGs are SO FUCKING ADORABLE 萌工エエェェヾ(*｀Д´*)ﾉェェエエ工工 especially Jesus and Shinnosuke. Unfortunately for Tetsu I only found ONE of his new CGs cute but it only made me wish he ALWAYS looked like that I mean holy shit:
- The scenarios that accompanied the CGs were great as well and they really helped add on to the love route. Before in the PC game the love route felt like this sort of fake waste of time thing and then you were only supposed to care about the ~true end route~ but in the PSP port I found myself enjoying the love route a lot more with all the added scenarios & CGs. (*´ω｀*)
- The limited edition came with a Special Disc which has PC & PSP OP movies, a PSP custom theme and a mini drama (which was like a drama CD rather than a visual on screen thing). Rewatching the PC OP made me realize that I like the PSP one more in terms of visuals and song.
I just set the theme on my PSP really cute! xD I had the Hammer only one before but now I have the other 2 cuties on there too (*´ω｀*).
Overall I’m very pleased with this port. I’m really the kind of person who hates replaying old games (lol yea I have games sitting around god knows when I’ll ever replay them) but I really enjoyed replaying TYB. I think if you’re new to the series though, skip the PC and just play the PSP versions and if you have some money to spend, definitely opt for the limited edition just because the presentation of it and the little extras are all really nice. 😀