So after the fail that was the SEA launch, Gravity finally launched their version for the North American players. They claim to have banned SEA, Brazil, Philippines Japan and Korea but I’ve seen Japanese players tweet about their gameplay. Could be possible they haven’t put the ban in place to use the illegal players to stress test but for now it seems to be open to everyone? Anyway after Tartaros died, I missed my favorite daimahoushi so I’ve made a mage 8D.
For a beta launch I think it went pretty well? I had problems because I didn’t have some Nvidia driver installed (even though I have an ATI card (´･ω･`；)) but once I updated everything I was able to get in. Lag wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be and really the only issues I ran into were:
- The English voices are uncanny. Not the character ones but the NPC ones. You have some young looking NPC guy but the voice that comes out sounds like a 56 year old burly man 😆
- The damn trees always get in the way. In RO1 if a tree was in the way it would become transparent but here the tree blocks your whole camera and you can’t see crap ( ≖Д≖；)
- Camera rotation is really weird. Your character is always with their backs facing you which feels weird since I’m used to Tartaros camera rotations.
- GUI takes up way too much space and I haven’t yet found a way to shrink it (if there is a way.)
- No instance like in Tartaros so you’re forced to camp out mini bosses/bosses and hope you’re the first person to attack it before someone else does :S.
- Kill stealers blah. At least the looting is taken care of by the game but sadly sometimes people KS by accident cause it’s really hard to see.
- I kinda miss the cute designs of Gate of World as well as the catchy Yoko Kanno BGMs.
Now the fun stuff:
- Jumping! Whee! I kinda missed doing that.
- Characters customizable from eye type to voice which is fun.
- You pick your class in the character creation screen so no need to waste time being a noob.
- Nerf on monster grinding seems to be within 2 levels so if you start fighting stuff 3 levels higher than yourself you start to lose exp.
- A variety of mounts that help you run faster but they are cash shop (and after so many games closing on me I’m planning to play for free for a while.)
- Swimming! I kinda missed doing that too lol.
- Auto-run! Yea just pressing num lock and your character runs in 1 direction. So useful honestly. Because of this my hand doesn’t hurt when playing RO like it did when I played Tartaros.
- Variety of emotions:
So overall I’m enjoying MMO playing again and I’m actually enjoying it more than otome gaming right now lol. I think with all the new otome game releases I’m just having a burn out. If my reviews slow down I apologize but I think I’m in need for a slow down with all the otome game floods this year. ┐(‘～`；)┌