Welp not that I didn’t know it was coming but…
Game’s shutting down on February 25, 2012 but at this point anyone playing is probably just trying to catch up levels to see the final depressing scenario. Looks like the game is going to pretty much die along with all the other characters leaving things unresolved. What a shame this really was a good game and while I did feel this coming, I hoped in the back of my head that they’d bring out something new and prove me wrong. Sadly this was not the case. The least they could do is make the exp like 100x or something to let people watch the final scenario bits sheesh 2x is cheap lol.
I never did get to see the last chapter of the scenario except vaguely from a video from the Tartaros Taiwan server but pretty much a lot of characters ended up dying so it wasn’t a happy end anyway. (´・ω・｀) Also in case you didn’t hear Tinierme is shutting down as well but lol that crap shoulda been shut down years ago .
Edit: They announced that from December 13~ closure they will make it 30x exp and they are considering posting the entire scenario from beginning to end in video form.
I kinda wanna reinstall the client and try to level up to see the last few scenarios but I’m not sure if I can login as I’ve had activeX issues the entire time (；´Д｀). Turns out it’s a gaijin block – I tried loading the site through a Japanese proxy and loaded totally fine. Lol Fuck You MK this is what you get for blocking people who actually spent money on your shitty game. Hoping they will post the final scenario online!
Well I had a feeling Tartaros was coming to an end, and not just scenario wise but with Tartaros Taiwan shutting down on December 31st, looks like my suspicions were correct. In the last few months there’s been a lack of players on the servers, the events and items were recycled or mediocre. The staff made it so the game was extremely annoying to play forcing people to quit (though makes me wonder if that was intentional.)
Either way I hope before Japan Tartaros shuts down they at least increase the exp. I still want to see the rest of the scenario but if it shuts down on 12/31 in Japan as well, at 1x I will never be able to reach level 75 or 76 lol. If any news about Tartaros Japan shows up I’ll post here but it’s been a nice ride. I’ll miss Cromodo when the game closes ;_;.
For a while I’ve been falling out of pangya. I’ve tried to keep up with events but only a few kept my interest. I decided I would wait until Lucia’s birthday, since she is my main character before deciding whether to quit once more. When I found out you could get Lucia’s twin tails it was like a dream come true. On Pangya Korea, you could buy them for a few bucks and there was a choice of 6 styles and ribbons. I haven’t spent money on the game since January but I figured for the Lucia hair I’d throw in a few bucks. I was looking forward to it so much but then Gamerage decides to pull this b/s:
So Global finally got Grand Zodiac and I’m like yay I can’t wait to try the new hole in one mode thing….then turns out I can’t! Not only are the hours completely catering to the European player base (being mostly at night Euro time) but there was a bug where only Black Papel 1 even LET YOU JOIN A ROOM. (ﾉ＝ﾟﾛﾟ)ﾉ ⌒┫:･’.::ﾔｯﾃﾗﾚﾙｶﾆｬｱｱｱｧｧｧｧｧ!!!!
Well at least it’s a godly update for your sub characters.
Ok so because I had a ton of guild points left I managed to exchange enough books to try out phases for 5 characters & see impressions from friends, so here are my final thoughts.
- Glacier Master’s Ice Arrow Ex doesn’t chase the enemy and can’t even kill the enemy directly in front of you. Complete garbage.
- Flare Master loses Alphonse so no more meat shield for Cromodo.
- Ice Dust now has HP and it’s so soft & squishy that it dies so damn fast there’s practically no point in using it. Additionally it also eats up heals from characters like Nagi or Aerlot so instead of saving Cromodo, it makes it easier for him to die with the damn ice cubes.
- Inferno & that Fire thing Ex are pretty awesome. They have ridiculous crit rates but I have a feeling those will be adjusted cause everyone’s complaining about them being too high. STFU no all of us have level +15 weapons ٩(╬ʘ益ʘ╬)۶
- Cromodo loses his Ice JK if you become flare master. Why. He has it as an elementalist & Glacier Master so what the fck?
Wanted to upload these before they change next week. There’s been a couple system updates in case you haven’t been around:
- 最上級 items no longer drop anywhere on any map. They must be crafted. Only 上級 items drop now, same goes for challenges.
- Crafting has been remade and now there’s less specific materials required, and most crafting items require challenge boss drop items (核心)
- The challenges that involve you making a book (Tesbell, 飛龍 and レギン) now drop both weapons & armor that aren’t upgradeable/tradeable but give really high defense/attack etc. The respectable levels are 27, 48 and 57.
- There’s an inventory dedicated to quest items only now.
- Stuff doesn’t stack properly, plz fix it MK.
- Stones like ベネフィス and ミリティス that you make tioses out of no longer drop from the boss. They can only be obtained by breaking down weapons & armor and getting a box which will gives you either one of those stones or stones like dodge/antiknockback/hp etc.
- Challenge levels have been adjusted slightly (need to be 34 to do tesbell etc.)
- Caliber experience tables have been updated and you no longer have to spam N maps. Expert gives decent exp but I haven’t leveled up my Aerlot high enough to test this hypothesis although according to 2ch, Beavers & Dragons on Ex give the best experience there.
I think that’s about it. Nothing much has been going on, and there haven’t been any drop events so I haven’t been to motivated to play. I do want to get my Ruko up to 70 soon though as she is close to 69 already.
Cause apparently a shit ton of things were announced I figured I’d translate it! First the next town will be called Aisen:
Most likely will start from level 68. Seeing how the level cap was just recently raised and there’s about a 2 month span between level cap raise I’m guessing we can expect this at the end of August, early September.
As of the 5/12 maintenance:
- Nagi’s shielf guard has been nerfed. Great let’s nerf an already weak character!
- Elpin Frost Wave skill has been changed from Magic to Physical attack property.
- Cromodo’s Blizzard skill is back to requiring level 53 not 50.
- Elpintos Wake Soul skill has now a freeze effect on TOP of taunt. (Adjusted after testing.)
- Elpintos Ice Justice changed from Frost Bite to Freeze (I believe it goes from being “slowed down by ice” to just frozen in place.) Edit: I tested this out, it’s actually really helpful for boss battles so no complaints here!
Other stuff just includes certain status ailments now depend on the tokusei that “increases” the chance of those ailments. I played with Pinko & Cromodo today but I haven’t noticed any major changes. Other adjustments:
- Robo Donjan lv 35 challenge – the one room where you gotta kill 100 guys, now only require you to kill 90. ┐(‘～`；)┌
- The hentai buta yaro map in Arnica (58-59), when you pull the flag it used to give you a massive debuff. That debuff’s been removed. (About the only decent change sigh.)
Other adjustments are fixing Soma’s electricity stuns, Aerlot & Ilishia becoming overpowered, & restoring Cromodo’s ice window so it’s not shitty and back to doing damage like before.
While I’m not happy with ice wave being turned to physical, I do like what they did to Ice Justice. Also I didn’t realize until now that I’ve been using Freezing Limit which does significantly more damage than freezing field (ice commander.) 2ch is bitching that magic Elpin is over but it’s really not that bad. In any case I was able to do Dendou Ex at 46 without dying so maybe it’s not so bad after all ?_? Still won’t take Elpin to public parties because I spam Refuge every 2 seconds lol.
In other news, the spy guns for the guys are rentals. Lol rentals? Why would you bother with a rental when you can buy permanent stuff in the auction nowdays…what are they thinking…┐(‘～`；)┌