So I just want to say how awesome Baggage Forward is. I literally ordered this thing on Amazon on Monday afternoon, and the game was on my desk on Friday morning. Thank you A+++ will come again.
So just to show some “visual novel” sample images I downloaded some random galge demo from the PSN store for the purpose of this post lol. (P.S. The 5 minutes I played it it was fucking terrible. It’s like one of those stereotypical galge templates that popular culture usually makes fun of.)
As you can see the resolution is really high! Much better than PSP and the screenshots come out very sharp with crisp text. I was sad to find that really the only Vita otome games available are basically all the games I’ve already played on the PSP. (Dialovers, Hakuoki, Amnesia, Sangoku Rensenki) with the exception of Chou no Doku which I do not have an interest in after being scarred from Aeromarie games.
A couple of notes:
- The Vita speakers are RIGHT UNDER YOUR THUMBS so your fingers literally block the speakers as you have your hands on the buttons.
- The software to copy files between Vita & PC is so freaking awful and took me a while to configure it then figure out where the hell everything was going x_x. I think maybe using google drive via web and vita might be a better solution? Haven’t tried it yet though.
- PSN store won’t take foreign cards since they require you to put in a Japanese address before you pay. Only way is to buy prepaid cards which basically renders digital downloads impossible for me unless I wanna jump through hoops (at which point you might as well buy the boxed version anyway.)
- Princess Arthur is available for free if you have playstation plus but its 500 yen per month I think? You’d need to get a PSN card for that. I don’t think I care that much about PA to bother :lol:
- The sound quality is a million times better than on the PSP. PSP I could barely even hear anything out of those pathetic speakers but vita is loud & clear. Haven’t listened to it with headphones yet but I’d imagine it would be even better.
- Slim Vita is muuuuch nicer than the original fat one. I had held the original one in my hands when I played project diva f on a friend’s vita 1000. It was really awkward for me to hold but the new slim model is nearly the same size as the PSP in thickness and length. It’s also very light so yea I’m a fan.
- Sadly I cannot broadcast Vita games which is sad since I love chatting with everyone during my game plays! :(
- Screenshot feature is great, can take one anytime anywhere! Not just restricted to the “screenshot feature” of the game you are playing.
Anyway kinda hoping for more otome to go Vita because with the touch screen it has so much potential for various “touch features” and beautiful large graphics. Currently Vita is about $190 on Amazon Japan so with a forwarding service you too can get one of your own! With otome games potentially moving to Vita this year, you might want to consider it ;). For now Vita-kun will have to patiently wait until Miku arrives at the end of the month!
Ninja Edit 3/25:
For those still not convinced that otome games are moving to the Vita Otomate just released this video